Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bedroom Ideas

Shout out to Debbie Deb who's been asking for this particular post!!!

The bedroom is allllmost done, which means it's almost time for me to start decorating! Our colors are going to be browns with bluish/greens (or Restoration Hardware's signature "silver sage"). Iwant for it to have touches of nautical with a little bit of mission style thrown in, but with an overall airy cottage feel. Straightforward enough, right? The pics below will probably explain my desired effect a little better:

I like the airy, nautical feel of this room. But mostly I like that I actually like how the "louvers" look in this picture. (James and I haven't quite seen eye to eye on the need for "decorative louvers" in the room)

I don't like this bedroom very much, but I do like the mission style bed. I found adorable mission style end tables from LL Bean here. Would that be overkill? Is this like my X obsession all over again?

In this room I like the color of the drapes. I also like that the bed is like the one in Madmen (although I would never own that headboard).

I like everything in this room (except for maybe the headboard). Light blue and brown complement each other so well! Not to mention the shelves with the X's on the right hand side (I guess my X infatuation isn't quite over).

Mmm... love everything in this room! I wish they had window treatments though, so that I could steal their window treatment ideas.

This is an interesting room... Mostly I just like the botanicals.

Finally found them! Our perfect windo treatments below (except ours will be a touch greener).

No comments: