Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh, There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays...

There really is no place like home for the holidays. We had a whirlwind of a holiday week, and I wouldn't have changed a second of it! We arrived late on Saturday, and Sunday morning I met my girlies Sara, Giuly, and Cathy for our new tradition, Splash brunch.

The food was amazing, and the dessert... mmmmm

Following brunch I headed into the city for a C/D Heidelberg dinner. The Heidelberg is an old fashioned German restaurant, and for the Christmas season it is bedecked in authentic Teutonic decorations. Going to the restaurant during Christmas is a C/D tradition, and a great tradition it is! (C/D are the initials of James' family, which is my understanding should not be broadcast on the internet).


We all had a great time! The beer and conversation were flowing, and everyone was in great spirits!

Monday night we celebrated the second day of Chanukkah. Here is the beautiful Chanukkah table set by my mom:

Guy was in charge of the latkes, and did not disappoint! They were to die for!
The food was amazing, and we all had such a great time!

On Tuesday I went down to New Jersey, and met Michellie's Mia June Kelly for the first time:

Wednesday was Christmas Eve dinner, and here is the beautiful Christmas table set by James' mom:

And Thursday was Christmas!

I received the absolute most beautiful earrings and necklace from James!

A thank you smooch for Jimmy!
I can't believe this is already my fourth Christmas with James' family!

Friday my mom and I met Katie for lunch at the Hunt Club. We both agreed that if she wasn't in Hoboken and I wasn't in Houston, but instead we were both in Connecticut, we would eat lunch at the Hunt Clube, like, ALL the time.

After lunch we went Marley and Me (very cute, total tear-jerker!) and then went to meet the rest of the girls at the Wineknot.
Cath and I wanted to grab some sushi, and so ran over to Fin (the best sushi restaurant EVER). We also clearly had one too many glasses of wine...

And that was the week! PHEW!

No comments: